Drafter – Job Description
Fine Line Homes is seeking an architectural draftsperson to join our new homes team. The right candidate will bring experience in drafting wood frame homes in CAD and should be equally innovative and meticulous.
Candidate should have an understanding of residential building standards and be proficient with the most current versions of DataCAD or AutoCAD.
At Fine Line, you’ll have the opportunity to join a building legacy that started in 1972 and has enjoyed consistent year over year growth. We believe in a transparent approach to building and we are proud to include standards that are upgrades in other builder homes across the region. We take a traditional path with proven methods to create today’s most modern styles and forever homes.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Interpret Project Manager sketches to create accurate Cad drawings
- Read and interpret redline markups and translate to working drawings
- Produce full detailed construction documents with minimal supervision
- Manage time to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects
- Understanding of construction details such as foundation and framing details
- Distribute information as needed to project manager and construction team
- Understanding of Residentual Building Codes is Benificial
JOB TYPE: Full-time
- Residential CAD
- Proficient in DataCAD orAutoCAD
- Microsoft Office Suite
Associate degree or equivalant in Architectural Drafting is preferred but strong experience in residential projects will be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate to a wide variety of people
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and construction techniques
- Experience and ability to produce construction drawings
- An innovative approach to keeping our designs in line with today’s most modern styles
- Strong organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated and independently productive
- Effective time management
- Team oriented
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.