Everyone wants some quiet time to think and relax. Below are six things to consider which will make a quieter more peaceful home. And when done during construction, will cost less than doing them after the home is built.
- Solid core doors can be used to reduce the transmission of sound from room to room.
- Insulate the walls in bathrooms and bedrooms. This will act as a sound deadening barrier between the rooms.
- A quiet dishwasher will lower the operating sound in your kitchen.
- Use quiet exhaust fans in bathrooms
- Check how the heat pump is installed on the outside of the house. There should be a footer and block with concrete as a base, not steel brackets tied to the house wall. This will cut down on vibration.
- Soft close cabinet doors and drawers will keep doors and drawers from banging when closing them.