As a new home owner, you should experience far less maintenance than living in an older home. There are a few tools however you should always have on hand. The following tools will come in handy for small repairs around the house:
- Tape measure – for hanging drapes, picture frames, and furniture placement
- Hammer – to hang picture frames and anything that may require nails
- Screwdrivers – both Phillips and Standard in two different sizes each
- Utility knife – for cutting material
- Crescent wrench – for all different sizes of nuts and bolts. It is recommended you have two for holding both the nut and bolt at the same time
- Vise Grips – for holding things very tightly and the adjustability is important
The proper tool is important in getting the job done safely and correctly. These basic tools are a great place to start and who knows, you may find you have a hidden talent.
What are your favorite or most used tools that you cannot live without? Please share in the comments below.